- About Us
- Join Us
Monday - Friday
$15/ hour minimum starting salary
Make a difference and work at a non-profit that assists youth and adults in achieving education, skills training, and employment goals! Training Resources of America, headquartered in Worcester, is hiring an Instructor for the Young Parents (YPP) and Competitive Integrated Employment Services (CIES) programs in the Quincy office. The person in this role is responsible for:
- providing High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) preparation and ESL instruction/ testing to students to enable them to increase their grade levels, improve their English speaking/ comprehension abilities, and achieve a High School Equivalency Credential.
- providing workshop trainings in Job Readiness (resume writing, interviewing, workplace communications).
- conducting orientation sessions with students to familiarize them with the program and the learning lab materials.
- conducting/ coordinating trainings/ workshops in parenting, life and work skills to enable students to become better parents, to increase their ability to develop self-esteem and become self-sufficient, and to obtain/retain employment or advance to secondary education or a vocational program.
- providing counseling/ case management services to ensure student success.
- maintaining client files including documenting and reporting client attendance.
- working closely with the Recruiter/Employment Specialist.
General Qualifications: BA/BS degree required. Massachusetts State Teacher Certification and/or 1-2 years’ experience working with youth/adults and High School Equivalency preparation preferred. English/Spanish bi-lingual capability preferred. This job requires the ability to relate/communicate with a diverse, multi-cultural population with varying needs/issues. It also requires initiative, creativity and strong organizational skills to cultivate and present the various curricula. It requires flexibility and the ability to produce required results in students, as well as the ability to work closely with staff in a team approach to achieve overall program goals.
EMAIL RESUME & COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com
Training Resources of America, Inc.
390 Main Street, Suite 806
Worcester, MA 01608
Or fax: 508-756-8967 EOE M/F/D/V