- About Us
- Join Us
Minimum starting salary: $15/hour
30 hours/week- benefits eligible
Make a difference and work at a non-profit that assists youth and adults in achieving education, skills training, and employment goals! Training Resources of America, headquartered in Worcester, is hiring a Youth Instructor for their New Bedford office. This position:
- provides ABE/GED/High School Equivalency Prep/ESOL instruction/testing to students instruction/testing to students enrolled in youth programs to enable them to increase their grade levels, improve their English speaking/comprehension abilities, and achieve a High School Equivalency Credential;
- conducts orientation sessions with students to familiarize them with the program and the learning lab materials;
- conducts training/coordinates workshops in parenting, life and work skills, to increase their ability to develop self-esteem and become self-sufficient, and to obtain/retain employment;
- provides pre-vocational skills training; personal, academic and vocational counseling, case management, referral and advocacy services;
- provides job readiness training, job development, job placement, and follow-up activities to clients to help them obtain/retain employment;
- develops contacts through DTA office visits;
- represents TRA at local youth committees.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS degree required. 1-2 years experience working with youth and GED/High School Equivalency Preparation preferred. Prior experience working with teen population and Massachusetts State Certification highly desired. English/Spanish/Portuguese bi-lingual capability strongly preferred. This job requires strong human relations/communications skills, and the ability to motivate/relate to a diverse, multi-cultural population with varying needs/issues. It also requires high motivation, initiative, creativity and strong organizational skills to ensure participants' success. It requires flexibility. It also requires the incumbent to be goal driven and have the ability to work closely with staff in a team approach to achieve overall program goals. The incumbent must have his/her own reliable vehicle for outreach/recruitment/counseling purposes.
EMAIL RESUME & COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Resources of America, Inc.
390 Main Street, Suite 806
Worcester, MA 01608
Or fax: 508-756-8967 EOE M/F/D/V