- About Us
- Join Us
Minimum starting salary: $12/hour
10 hours per week (flexible)
Make a difference and work at a non-profit that assists youth and adults in achieving education, skills training, and employment goals! Training Resources of America, Inc. is seeking a part-time, bilingual Assistant Instructor in our New Bedford office.
- assists instructor/counselor in providing ABE/ High School Equivalency preparation and ESL instruction/testing to students to enable them to increase their grade levels, improve their English speaking/comprehension abilities, and achieve a High School Equivalency Credential;
- assists with conducting and preparation of workshops in parenting, life and work skills;
- attends orientation at local DTA office;
- maintains a well-organized and attractive learning environment, assisting students with computer and audiovisual equipment, and locating learning materials in order to facilitate the learning process;
- assists in administering written and hands-on testing of students to determine class placement and to evaluate progress.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to relate to a diverse multi-cultural youth population required. This position requires organizational skills, confidentiality, ability to pay attention to details and to balance multiple tasks, while maintaining a professional/positive approach at all times. Associates degree and previous experience as an assistant instructor desirable. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) capability a plus.
EMAIL RESUME & COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Resources of America, Inc.
390 Main Street, Suite 806
Worcester, MA 01608
Or fax: 508-756-8967 EOE M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of veteran status or disability.