- Fitchburg was founded by Amos Kimball, Samuel Hunt, and John Fitch who chose the name "Fitchburg" because it was synonymous with heroism.
- Located on the Nashua River, Fitchburg became known as a manufacturing center during the Industrial Revolution.
- Fitchburg is the birthplace of NASCAR brothers Ken and Ron Bouchard.
- Fitchburg is noted for the Rollstone Boulder.
- The 1961 movie, 'Return to Peyton Place' was filmed in Fitchburg.
- In the fictional Harry Potter universe, Fitchburg is the hometown of the professional Quidditch team the Fitchburg Finches.
Young Parents – Offers pregnant and parenting out-of-school youth, aged 14-24, who have not achieved a high school diploma with a variety of educational and life skills training.
For more information on the Fitchburg site and the programs offered, contact Kristi Bruwer, Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
435 Main Street. Suite 2500
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Phone: (978) 343-4452
Fax: (978) 345-2647